Step by step guide for checking grades with a Leica Rugby Laser.
This application is shown using a Leica Rod Eye 140, Classic Receiver.
- Set up the Rugby on a tripod.
- Set up the tripod on a stable surface outside the working area.
- Attach the receiver to a rod.
- Turn on the Rugby and the receiver.
- Set the base of the rod on a known point for the finished grade.
- Adjust the height of the receiver on the rod until the on-grade (centre-line) position is indicated on the receiver by:
- the centre bar
- the green flashing LED
- a solid audio tone
- Set the rod with the attached receiver on top of the excavation or concrete pour to check for correct elevation.
- Variances can be read with the arrow display.
- (7a) Position is too high.
- (7b) Position is too low.
- (7c) Position is on grade.