- TP Meteo sensor RS485
- Teltonika RUT955
- Internet connected PC with Leica GeoMoS installed
- External 12v 3A supply DC
1. Launch GeoMoS, add the sensor type and the correct IP port
2. Configure the device this is to connect to Teltonika RUT955. Open the services menu to the RS232/485 page then the RS485 tab. Enable it and duplicate the settings from the TP sensor. By default stop bits and data bit are setup to 8 and 1.
Select TCP Server and add a port number of 9002 for the RS485 interface to forward to.
3. Configure the Teltonika RUT955 to have a static IP address so you can always find it.
4. Connect the TP Meteo sensor (RS485) wires the Teltonika RS485 port looks as follows:
On RUT955 loop D_N to R_N, then connect to the Data- (yellow) on the TP Meteo sensor cable
On RUT955 loop D_P to R_P, then connect to the Data+ (blue) on the TP Meteo sensor cable
Do NOT install the termination jumper inside the Teltonika
5. Device power for the TP Meteo sensor will need to be connected externally as the RUT955 will not supply power on the RS485 line. Thus the following connections are required on the TP Meteo sensor cable.
GND (white) to –ve on the battery (black)
+Vin (black) to +ve on the battery (red)
6. Return to GeoMoS, add the sensor type with the parameters above and test the connection with the connection via the router.