Step by step guide for manual grading with a Leica Rugby Laser.
This application is shown using a Rod Eye 140, Classic Receiver.
- Set up the Rugby and the slope adapter on a tripod.
- Set up the tripod at the base of the slope with the Rugby and the slope adaptor pointing in the direction of the desired slope.
- Set the slope adapter to the zero position on the bracket and on the knob.
- Roughly level the top of the tripod using the circular level on the slope adapter.
- Before entering grade in the slope adapter, start the Rugby in Manual Mode:
Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds to change to Manual Mode.
The Rugby will beep 5 times while holding the Power Button.
After releasing the button, the Rugby levels. The levelling LED flashes green, then turns solid green for a few seconds.
After levelling, the levelling LED turns red and the Rugby is in Manual Mode.
- Attach the receiver to a rod.
- Turn on the receiver.
- At the base of the slope, adjust the height of the receiver on the rod until the on-grade (centre-line) position is indicated on the receiver by:
- the centre bar
- the green flashing LED
- a solid audio tone
- The desired slope can be set with the slope adapter.
- The receiver can now be used to control the grade of the slope.