How to setup batter boards
The Rugby 640 and the Rod Eye 140, Classic Receiver create a vertical plane of laser light that acts as a virtual string line for batter board setups.
- Mount the Rugby to the clamp and then the clamp to the batter board.
- Turn on the Rugby.The laser beam will automatically point downwards so that the laser and the clamp can be positioned directly over the surveyed reference nail.
- Set the head rotation to the fastest speed (10 rps).
- Mount the receiver to the receiver bracket using the 90° adapter.
- Attach the bracket to the batter board. The top of the receiver bracket should be tight against the surveyed reference nail.
- Turn on the receiver.
Use the remote control to move the rotating laser beam left or right until the receiver displays an on-grade position.