- Microsurvey StarNet USB licence key
- Internet connected PC with Microsurvey StarNet installed
1. Physically plug the StarNet dongle into the PC you will be performing the check on.
2. Ensure the PC is online and can see the external internet without any corporate firewalls blocking ports.
3. Open the licence application from MicroSurvey from the start menu.
Start / All Programs / Microsurvey StarNet / USB Licence Manager
If you get a message about not being able to check the licence either the USB is not plugged in or your connection to the internet is via a firewall that is blocking the ports you need to use to check the licence.
4. Once the licence key has been read, the details of the licence with the current status will be shown on the screen.
5. Press Update Key with New Information to update the licence USB fob.
6. Use in StarNet as normal.
7. If you need to validate the licence following a add on item such as a new converter or a new software maintenance plan then the details should have appeared as additional lines in the licence manager.